Pages

categories

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

3. GOD OF THE HILLS, GOD OF THE VALLEYS

Have you ever accomplished something you thought you never would?? The minute you started,regret rolls in. During this event you just want to be done. But when it's just about over,the negative thoughts are gone because you see the finish line. The reason I bring this up is because at the beginning of week two of my trip, I decided to go on a six hour hike in one of the most beautiful yet grueling valleys in Hawaii.
I'm not over exaggerating guys, this was one challenging hike with things I've never done before. My body was gone. Physically and mentally on the way there I was a goner. I was more scared then tired since I am not a fan of heights and I had no idea what this hike was going to be like. Yes, I had a leader who knew the way but I was not prepared. I can wholeheartedly say this hike was insane. It started off pretty good because I had just camped at the first valley last week. I was okay with valley number one,but the next two valley where insane. Up hill on sandy black hills, through skinny rocky hallways, down narrow cliff edges, up steep rocky walls hanging on to ropes and the challenges kept coming. I physically and mentally had to pep talk myself as I took every step. But one thing is for sure, on the way back my leader asked me "Are you doing okay??" I replied with an unsure "Yea pretty good!" And what he said next really hit me. He said "But are you in high spirits?" I replied quickly "Yes, yes I am!!" That's when the fire started. It really made me think after I had spoken to him, that this is life with Christ. When we say "Yes" to him he leads us in a path that is completely unknown.
We complain and quite on the way because we fail to truly believe what he has in store for us. But once we see any sort of clearing we rejoice because we finally know something!!!!! That the finish line is close. I personally struggle believing and trusting God in the valleys of my journey. Fail to let go and follow in the hidden mystery of the unknown. I fail to rest in him and give the little control that I have over my situation. On the way back from the hike my spirits were on fire because God is all knowing and his mysterious are always good. He knows us to the core. He loves us to the deep. He died to save us from the end we deserved. He is always before and behind us leading us with an everlasting hope that never ends. This hike really opened my perspective of how beautiful and insane God is. He's God of the hills and valleys and I am not alone. //Tauren Wells// Know after the hike I am so happy I went. It WAS 100% worth it and I know following Christ WILL BE 100% worth it because he knows we are worth it to save and love.

So sweet friends, what are your valleys that you struggle with? The situations where you just want to run back to the starting line and go home to safety?? Don't run back. He's setting an amazing life with him before you. A place where all your expectations will be nothing compared to what he has for you. He's with you always!! //Matthew 28:20// Let God lead you. Listen to him when he asks you "Are you in high spirits?" You can be shattered physically but nothing will ever take your hope and joy away from Christ. He's the beginning, middle and end of your life so trust him with it. Pray that you would believe but also he would help you with unbelief. He's always good and always near to you. Accept his invitation and dive into his amazing mystery.
Thank you for reading!!! May God bless you in all you do! Until next time sweet friends!  









































No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, so leave yours!!