Pages

categories

Saturday, May 27, 2017

1. BEGINNING


Hey sweet friends!! It's so crazy I'm blogging now! But it's also really sweet and I love it! So today I am leaving for Kona Hawaii for 6 weeks with a non profit missions agency called YWAM. What is YWAM you might ask? YWAM stands for "Youth With A mission" it's an agency that helps and leads young adults to find their purpose in Christ and what it is like to be a Christian in the mission field and has volunteer opportunities like Mission Builders which is the bridge ministry that utilizes volunteers with specific skills to serve missionaries working on the front lines, The idea of missions has been on heart for the two and a half years and when this amazing opportunity landed on my lap, I knew it was God opening the doors.
I first found out about Kauka Crew this past November through one of the moms of one of my brides that I had shot for in July. Her email was out of the blue and I wasn't sure what was next for me. At this point I'd already schedule half of my summer schedule for shooting and it just seemed crazy to drop everything for this?! But I did look into it and wowwww my heart melted. I new I had to go no matter the cost. And so after about a week later I was applying and canceling my sessions. For some reason I canceled everything before I even heard back from YWAM to see if I had even been accepted into the program. I've always been a planner and especially planning ahead of an event or season. By God's grace all my clients where over the moon happy for my new potential adventure and were very supportive. So happy! Thank you thank you thank! You know who you are!:)
Shorty after I received a call from Kona asking if I was ready to be a "student" at their DTC (Disciple train school). I was very confused as to why my applications was a student application. After talked to the lady on the phone for 30mins we resolved the problem. She kindly changed my application to a volunteer. Right before the call ended she asked if she could pray for me. It was honestly the sweetest prayer and she only new my name. Soon after I received two more calls from Kona saying that I wasn't eligible to apply because I was not 18 years old. Feeling a little defeated, I emailed my friend back explaining my situation. In our emails she was rooting for me since day one. Always cheering me up and never shutting the door on what God had for me even if the circumstances seemed like they where closing the door.
Again, I was on the phone with Kona. I asked "Hey, I have received your email and it said I wasn't able to apply as a volunteer unless I was 18?!" The lady on the other end confirmed that there was so no way I was going. By this time I had tears down my face. I had already stop my plans for the summer and now I was being told that I can't go because I'm not 18. I finished my first call and dialed a new number. I again explained my situation to the new woman on the other end. She responded again "I'm sorry but we can't accept you. You just called us and the other women said you couldn't. We are sorry."I responded "Is there anyway this could work?" "Alright I'll tell you what, you have to be at least 17 and a half years old to come with a few regulations. How old are you going to be by May?"  "I will be 17 and five months......" "Okay. Yeah with that I'm sorry you can't come."  "I'm a month off....is that to much to ask??" "I'm sorry but you can't." I thanked her for her time we said goodbye. What on earth is happening. I was crying a flood by this time. What is happening?!?! I was shattered. What was I going to do?!? Would God really shut a God given opportunity??
After I got the news I told my family. Later that day while I was getting ready for my Tuesday night class at 6pm I was texting my best friend lauren. I just explain what was happening and that I wouldn't be going to Kona for the summer. And then I headed to class. Halfway through class I sat down thinking about my current situation. What was I going to do?? The whole class time was a blur to he honest and all I remember was when my phone was sitting face down on my desk. It was a very weird because I never have my phone because my professor doesn't allow phone out AT ALL. I was taking notes and my phone vibrated. I peeked up at my teacher still lecturing and took a peek at my phone. On my phone screen was a text from Lauren saying "Kace, i'm really sorry about all of this. I know how much you wanted it and gave up everything. But you have to trust God's promises for you. Love you and I know you will get through this." I didn't responded right away because I was in class but those words. "You have to trust God's promises for you" where a huge comfort. I felt so much peace and made a mental note "God's plan over mine always."
Then my phone vibrated three minutes later. Again curious as to what it could be. I peeked at my phone and couldn't believe my eyes. WHATTTTTT. It was an email from Kona Mission builders saying "Aloha Kc! After talking with our director, JC, he said it would be okay for you to apply. So, you may apply!! Blessings, Liz Wallis" I FREAKED OUT AND ALMOST RAN OUT OF CLASS!! GOD WHATTTTTT!" That night I told my family and friends as to what happened. I was speechless.
Throughout the months to come God was so faithful and so evident in my life getting me ready for this amazing journey. He’s taught me that doubt is telling God that we can’t trust him. It’s one of the biggest things that sets us apart from God. We need to trust him when things are so uncertain. He really showed me that it's okay to be honest about struggles and weaknesses with him and the people close to me. Often I shy away from sharing my true heart because I think he's too good for me but it’s actually we are not good enough for him and that is why he comes willing to us. Being upfront to the people around me and even God brings great healing. I want to be beautifully over my head with God. Covered with his water fall of grace drowning me daily so that I may never run short of who he is. Weather I sink or swim, I'm smothered in Christ right where I'm supposed to be. Getting so close to God's heart these past few months before my trip has been the sweetest and makes me long for more. That God wouldn't let me forget what I have overcome and learned through him and his strength alone. This never ending maturity in him is always worth it no matter the struggle or heartache. Praise Jesus for never failing to teach my child like heart. Praise him always.
I hope you enjoyed his crazy rollercoaster!!! Can’t wait to share what’s next and what I’m up to in Hawaii!!  Until next time sweet friends!!


























































No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, so leave yours!!